The structure is wood and has 270 seats.
Nissedal is a municipality in Telemark county, Norway. It is part of the traditional region of West-Telemark. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Treungen. The municipality of Nissedal was established on January 1, 1838.
The modern form of the name stems from Old Norse Nizidalr. The first element is the name of the lake Nizir, possibly from *Nið-sær, which is now called Nisser, and the last element is dalr “valley, dale”.
The coat of arms was granted on October 30, 1992, and was designed by Halvor Holtskog jr. The arms shows three red nisseluer, traditional red woollen hats often associated with the nisse, which were commonly worn until the late 19th century by farmers and common folk. It is a canting arms, as the name Nissedal has been “translated” into a visual pun with the three woollen hats, in spite of the name having nothing to do with the folkloric nisse. http://flic.kr/p/pHPcVf
Recent Comments